Looking for guest posting opportunities? You're at the right place.
We at TheGreatSetup.com (TGS) always look for aspiring and passionate guest writers who want to write for us and contribute to our growing blog.
Specifically, we’re looking for guest articles on one of the following topics:
- PC Gaming
- PC Building Tips, Tricks and Tutorials
- PC Hardware / Technology
- Computer Gear & Gadget
By joining our team of guest writers, you’ll be able to share your voice and ideas with an audience of more than 1 million visitors per year.
We’ll be honest, though: writing for TGS takes work. We want to see your best work, and we’ll push you hard enough to get there.
Once accepted, you’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with an editor on revisions.
Yes, it’s not easy. But it’s also rewarding. Hundreds of thousands of passionate gamers & computer enthusiasts will read your work, and because your content is so amazing, people will want to click over to your website to learn more about you and to see more of your work.
Sounds interesting? Read on to learn how to submit your post.
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
- You could write about any of the following topics: technology, gaming, PC hardware, computer gear & gadget, PC building how-to and tutorials.
- Your articles must be original. We don’t publish posts that are already published anywhere no matter how good they are.
- You should know what you’re talking about and produce your best work. Don’t submit an article that you rehashed from other blogs on the internet.
- Your article should be at least 800 words in length. However, we encourage you to write in depth articles as they’re proven to be more valuable to our audience.
- Be conversational and engaging. Ask questions frequently and be friendly in the post. Try to relate to reader situations and stories.
- Short, concise sentences are preferred. Convey your ideas as simply and clearly as possible. Avoid fluff/filler words for the sake of word count.
- Use everyday vocabulary – this isn’t an academic paper.
- Cite the source if you're presenting a fact. Only cite credible & authoritative sites (wikipedia, big magazines, webmd, etc. Only link to high quality and in-depth work)
- Use descriptive sub-headings to break down the topic
- Keep paragraphs short. Since this is the web where attention spans are short,. Even 1 sentence paragraphs can be appropriate. Maximum 2 sentences per paragraph.
- Use bulleted lists frequently to make the article more scanable.
- Use bold or italic to emphasize important points.
- Title: Clear and engaging. The title must clearly reflect the content of the article. In some cases we may change the title of the article to increase the likeliness it will get read. Ask yourself, “Would I click on that?”
- Paragraphs: Please separate your article into short paragraphs to make it easier to read.
- Subheadings: People like to scan articles before they commit to reading them. Where appropriate, add bold subheadings to your paragraphs to guide the reader through your article.
- Article length: Minimum 800 words.
- Images: You may include images and or gifs throughout your article to help the reader stay engaged.
- Structure: All articles should have an introduction that clearly states the objective of the piece, a body, and a conclusion.
Types of Articles We're Looking For & Samples
Lists: Everyone loves a list. They are quick to skim through and easy to digest.
- 10 Best Female Streamers on Twitch in 2018
- 5 Reasons why PC Gaming is Better Than Console Gaming
How-To’s: Please only write how-to articles if you have experience in the area you are writing about
- How to Recover From a Bad GPU Driver Update
- How to Set Your PC Games’ Graphics Settings with No Effort
- How to Set Up and Optimize the Steam Link for In-Home Game Streaming
Explainer / Comparisons:
- Why are Mechanical Keyboard Keycaps so Expensive?
- What Is Ray Tracing?
- 60Hz/120hz/144hz Monitor for Gaming: Which is Better?
- IPS vs LED Monitor: Different Screen Technologies Explained
How to Submit Your Article Ideas
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject TGS Contributing Writer and include the following in your email:
- A brief overview of the topics you are familiar with, and what operating systems/gaming setup you have access to.
- Your experience with PC gaming & PC building.
- Most Important: Include at least 2 of your best published articles. They are the main ways we use to judge your work.
- 2-3 ideas that you would like to write for our blog along with a brief overview of what each article is about.
What are you waiting for? Become our Guest Contributor Now!
Submit your ideas to [email protected] along with at least 2 examples of previous work.